The VPX55H-3 is NAI’s latest high power 500 Watt DC/DC converter that accepts a +28 VDC Input and plugs directly into a standard 3U VPX chassis with a VITA 62 0.8” power supply slot. This off-the-shelf solution for VITA 46.0 and VITA 65 systems is compatible with VPX specifications; supports all VITA standard I/O, signals, and features; and conforms to the VITA 62 mechanical and electrical requirements for modular power supplies.
The VPX55H-3 switching power supply is conduction-cooled through the card edge/wedgelock. It accepts +28 VDC input voltage and provides six outputs at up to 500 Watts.
The VPX55-3 can be used either as a single-stage module or a back-end module in a multiple power supply configuration. It supports a variety of standard features, including continuous Background Built-In-Test (BIT); remote error sensing; and protection against transients, overvoltage, overcurrent, and short-circuits. With its intelligent design, the VPX55H-3 also has the flexibility to address special needs. Optional current share available.
This COTS converter is designed specifically with NAVMAT component derating to meet the many harsh environmental requirements of rugged Mil-Aero and industrial applications.
- 500 Watts power through full temperature range
- Ideal for rugged 3U VPX power applications
- Standard VPX-compatible connectors and I/O per VITA 62
- Compatible with System Management Bus per VITA 46.11
- Off-the-shelf solution for VITA 46.0 and VITA 65 systems
- Supports all VITA standard I/O, signals, and features
- Accepts +28 VDC input (+16 VDC to +36 VDC Continuous)
- Provides six outputs and I/O at up to 500 Watts
- Continuous Background Built-In-Test (BIT)
- Current share
- User programmability
- I2C communication
- Status LED
- Input transient protection per MIL-STD-704F
- Integrated EMI filtering per MIL-STD-461F
- Operates at full load through the entire -40° C to +85° C temperature range