NAI’s 68ARM1 is a 3U VPX ARM® Cortex®-A9-based, Single Board Computer (SBC) that can be configured with up to three smart function modules. Ideally suited for rugged defense, commercial aerospace, and industrial applications, the 68ARM1 delivers off-the-shelf solutions that accelerate deployment of SWaP-optimized systems.
NAI’s Configurable Open Systems Architecture™ (COSA®) offers a choice of over 70 smart I/O, communications, and Ethernet switch functions, providing the highest packaging density and greatest flexibility of any 3U SBC in the industry. Preexisting, fully-tested functions can be combined in an unlimited number of ways quickly and easily. Each I/O function has dedicated processing, unburdening the SBC from unnecessary data management overhead.
The ARM® Cortex®-A9 processor is a low power, cost-sensitive, multi-core processor delivering exceptional levels of performance and power efficiency with all the functionality required in rugged, embedded SWaP-optimized programs for the Defense and Aerospace industries.
Background Built-In-Test (BIT)
BIT continuously monitors the status of all I/O during normal operations and is totally transparent to the user. SBC resources are not consumed while executing BIT routines. This simplifies maintenance, assures operational readiness, reduces life-cycle costs and—keeps your systems mission ready.
Board Support Package (BSP) and Software Support Kit (SSK)
The 68ARM1 includes BSP and SSK support for Wind River®VxWorks®, and for Xilinx® PetaLinux and DDC-I Deos. In addition, SSKs are supplied with source code and board-specific library I/O APIs to facilitate system integration.
- VPX / OpenVPX (ANSI / VITA 46 & VITA 65) Profile:
– Data plane: 4×1 PCIe
– Control plane: 2x 10/100/1000Base-T, or 2x 1000Base-KX
- ARM® Cortex®-A9 Dual Core 800 MHz Processor
- 512 MB DDR3L SDRAM
- 32 GB On-Board SATA II NAND Flash
- Expansion SATA II Flash support available
– On-board module 3 (pending) or
– External SATA II port access (pending)
- < 10 W motherboard power dissipation
- Up to 3 independent intelligent I/O function modules supported
- Front and/or rear I/O
- 70+ modules to choose from
- Commercial or rugged applications
- Independent x1 SerDes interface to each function module slot
- 2x 10/100/1000 Base-T Ethernet; 2 to rear or 1 to rear and 1 to front I/O; or 2x 1000Base-KX to rear I/O
- IPMC to rear I/O
- 1x USB 2.0 port to rear or front I/O
- 1x RS232 to front or rear I/O
- Designed to meet ANSI / VITA 47 environmental requirements
- Operating temperature: 0° C to 70° C commercial, -40° C to +85° C rugged
- Wind River® Linux, VxWorks® and Xilinx® PetaLinux and DDC-I Deos™ OS support
- Continuous Background Built-In-Test (BIT) (as applicable)
- Intelligent I/O library support included
- COSA® architecture
- VICTORY Interface Services (Contact factory)